WCHP's work to help transform people’s lives in the local community, would not be possible without the valuable support of our volunteers.
We strive to make Volunteering at WCHP a rewarding and worthwhile experience. Volunteers receive full training which is appropriate to their role. New volunteers are invited to attend an induction, so that they can ask any questions they may have, and see how their contribution would support the organisation as a whole. Each year we invite everyone to a meeting, which provides people with the opportunity to meet fellow volunteers and to discuss any issues they may have. There is a dedicated Volunteer Team who are the first point of contact for any concerns or questions.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
- Horsham Breakfast Club Cooks & Helpers
- Volunteer Gardener
- Volunteer Walking Group Leader
- Van Driver
- Van Assistant
- Charity Shop helper (Worthing, Littlehampton and Shoreham)
- Horsham Fundraising Events Volunteer
To see all volunteer role click here
If these roles are not quite what you had in mind, please still contact the Volunteer Team as new opportunities are always arising, or if you have a particular skill you feel would be beneficial to our clients, we would welcome your suggestions.
Our volunteers need to:
- Be flexible to the needs of the Project Worker or other staff member on duty if these dictate that the duties of the Volunteer change slightly during the shift.
- Abide by the confidentiality and Professional Boundaries policies at all times.
- Be mindful of health and safety and if appropriate food hygiene standards
- Take responsibility along with the Project Worker or other staff members for the security of the premises.
- Maintain at all times the ethos of WCHP, offering equal access to services regardless of gender, race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, nationality or ethic origin, educational status or disability.
- Communicate with the Volunteer Team any absences.
So What Happens Next?
After reading through the volunteer information and thinking about your suitability, the next step is to fill in and return the information form and equal opportunities form.
We will require two character reference details to be supplied.
You can email the completed Volunteer form to either – Scott.firstname.lastname@example.org or Alison.email@example.com Alternatively you can post the form to Volunteer Team, WCHP, Town Hall, chapel Road, Worthing, West Sussex, BN11 1 HA.
Once you have done this the Volunteer Team will send off for your character references. On receipt of your references the team will be in contact to make an appointment to arrange an induction. Please allow enough time to have a chat about the voluntary role and do bring along any questions that you might have. In the induction, you will be provided with some key policies and guidelines and a copy of our volunteer charter.
Please note some roles may be subjected to DBS check. If the role you apply for requires a DBS check, we will notify you.
If you have any queries regarding your volunteer application, then please do not hesitate to contact the team, we will be pleased to answer any questions you may have.