The Recovery Houses in Horsham provide safe, drug and alcohol free supported accommodation for up to two years for people in early recovery from drug and alcohol addiction. Turning Tides has taken on a contract to manage two Recovery Houses in Horsham that will provide additional supported accommodation for clients in Recovery. The Recovery Project are working with ANA Works, part of ANA Treatment Centres to deliver this housing and meet the need in the Horsham area.
The service provides safe, drug and alcohol free supported accommodation for up to two years for people in early recovery from drug and alcohol addiction.
Residents are supported to:
- Live drug and alcohol free lifestyles.
- Maintain their living environment and take pride in it
- Self fund all utilities and bills with residents receiving support to get used to navigating the benefits system, plan, budget and pay bills.
- Eat well with regard and due respect for their own health and nutrition
- Engage in part time employment/voluntary work and engage in back to work support
- Study an accredited course at a college or university
- Attend AA/NA/CA/SMART or similar mutual aid meetings more than twice a week
- Positively seek out support from peers and staff where there is an existing bond of trust or they have received one to one counselling.
- The service also refers to other agencies in Horsham forming recovery network, based on presenting client need
- Engage with support workers on site for house and one to one reviews
Turning Tides’s Post Treatment Accommodation Support Worker, Mary Brown, has been working really hard in Horsham to deliver this service and work alongside ANA Works to provide support for people in recovery living in the new Recovery Houses. The houses are nearly at full capacity now. The teams work together to place people in the accommodation so they can thrive and have the best chance to really succeed in long term recovery.