St Clare's Community Hub
Address: St Clare's Community Hub, 6-8 Marine Place, Worthing. BN11 3DN.
Telephone: 01903 680745
St Clare’s Community Hub is the centre for a range of services in and for our local community.
Rough Sleeping & Homelessness
A drop in service operates from 9am until 12pm Monday to Friday and from 9am until 11am on Saturdays, closed Sundays. Services include hot and cold food, showers, clothing, laundry, I.T. provision, advice, information and signposting. The service is a referral route into local supported housing. The service is also a Wi-Fi hotspot.
St Clare’s hosts the local rough sleeper’s team which is a multi agency approach to end rough sleeping in the town. The team incorporates assertive outreach and local intelligence and pulls together resources to find, offer and implement solutions.
We also run a diverse range of groups:
- Mon – 1pm: Outreach café for clients in their own accommodation & Open Access for clients who may be excluded from our own or town wide services or are just ‘out of ideas’.
- Tues - 10:45am-12:45pm Women’s group, Creative Writing 2:00, IT Junction 2:00pm- 4:00pm.
- Wed – 11am: Pre hostel (a group for those enquiring about hostel options), 1.30pm: Art workshop.
- Thur – 2:30pm Hearing Voices (every second Thursday), 2.30pm: Music workshop.
- Fri – Pathways Group and lunch from 11:30 – 3pm – all welcome
The centre also hosts Alcoholics Anonymous and Cocaine Anonymous.
A multi disciplinary approach
The team based at the Centre incorporates skills relating to housing advice, physical and mental well being, substance and alcohol use, income and finances, training, employability, the meaningful use of time, relationships and lifeskills.
In one to ones and in groups approaches such as Motivational Interviewing and Solution Focussed Therapy are used, with an eye on the cycle of change. Support is personalised and it is appreciated that people who use our service may go on a journey of experiential learning. A counselling service is available to those who are in accommodation.
St Clare’s is home to a floating support service, supporting people in their own accommodation with their tenancy and lifeskills.
Local Assistance Network (LAN)
This is a community wide service providing immediate short term aid to help prevent a crisis. It is funded through West Sussex County Council. Assistance is offered to:
- People on a low income.
- Facing an unforeseen emergency or disaster that puts them or their family at risk of harm.
- Need help moving into or remaining in the community.
- Live in the Worthing or Shoreham area or are being resettled here.
The assistance covers a range of basic needs, in many cases from charitable sources. Generally this will involve help to access appropriate goods or services, which may vary depending on the organisation people contact. The LAN is not able to provide cash or financial assistance or to help with housing costs or other debts. Assistance is offered on a discretionary basis.
The LAN can support people in many ways such as food from foodbanks, furniture recycling schemes, clothing, cooking equipment, transport and fuel costs. All applications will be considered. This service is open to anyone who meets the criteria and needs help. They can ring 01903 680748 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to listen to a podcast about St Clare's Community Hub click here.
For more information on other services available in Worthing please see the link below: